The Nuclear Matters Advocacy Council comprises more than a dozen prestigious thought leaders, including former government officials, academics, scientists, engineers and military professionals. The Advocacy Council is integral to the coalition’s mission, and the members serve as grasstops voices of the organization, helping to engage, inform and mobilize a diverse community of advocates.
- Carol M. Browner – Former Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator and former Director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy
- Dr. Kerry Emanuel – Cecil and Ida Green Professor of Atmospheric Science and Co-Director of the Lorenz Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Dr. Alan Fellman – Certified Health Physicist, NV5 Dade Moeller and senior faculty, Dade Moeller Training Academy
- Dr. David Gattie – Associate Professor of Environmental Engineering and Senior Fellow, Center for International Trade and Security at the University of Georgia
- Rep. Tom Graves – Former U.S. Congressman (GA-14), President & CEO of the Ervin Graves Strategy Group
- Heather Hoff and Kristin Zaitz – Co-Founders of Mothers for Nuclear
- Denise Ingoe – Region I Coordinator for Women in Nuclear and a member of the Exelon Generation Mid-Atlantic Fleet Assessment Team
- Karyne Jones – President and CEO, National Caucus and Center on Black Aging, Inc. (NCBA)
- Amanda Lee-Lang – President of the North American Young Generation in Nuclear (NAYGN)
- Sean McGarvey – President of the North America's Building Trades Unions
- Jeffrey S. Merrifield – Former Nuclear Regulatory Commissioner and current partner at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Jesús Nuñez – CEO, Nuclear Alternative Project (NAP)
- Ray Rothrock – Chief executive officer of RedSeal and Partner Emeritus at Venrock
- Ward Sproat – Former Director, Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management
- Lonnie Stephenson – President of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Mel Williams, Jr. – Vice Admiral, U.S. Navy (retired), former commander of submarines and a fleet, former Associate Deputy Secretary at U.S. Department of Energy
- Stan Wise – Former Chairman, Georgia Public Service Commission
Advocates who join the Nuclear Matters President’s Circle are offered exclusive opportunities to hear from our Advocacy Council members and other leaders of the coalition. Visit our President’s Circle page to learn more.
Interested in learning more from a member of our Advocacy Council? Please use this form to send us a message.
Nuclear Matters works closely with partner organizations that recognize the value and importance of America’s nuclear energy plants. This growing roster of allies is integral to our efforts to educate the public on the clear benefits of nuclear energy, to explore possible policy solutions that preserve this essential energy resource and support the next generation of nuclear energy technology. That’s why we encourage organizations from across the country to join the coalition and help make our collective voices heard. If you’re interested, please send us a message here.