By Heather Matteson and Kristin Zaitz, Cofounders of Mothers for Nuclear
This Mother’s Day, we are writing directly to mothers across the country who share our concerns related to climate change and carbon emissions. Instead of flowers or candy to celebrate Mother’s Day this year, we want help in creating a better future for our kids. Like every mother, we want our children to grow up able to experience and appreciate the natural beauty that California and the rest of our country has to offer. Future generations deserve the right to live, work and play in places that are free of harmful pollution. We consider nuclear energy essential to protecting the future of our families, our communities and our planet, and we invite you to join us.
Let’s come together this Mother’s Day and take action! Here is how:
- Write your local legislator.
- Talk to someone in your community about why you support nuclear power.
- Attend a meeting of a local environmental group and share information about nuclear energy’s contribution to environmental protection efforts.
- Learn about what is going on in your state surrounding efforts to keep nuclear power plants open.
- Post a pro-nuclear message to your social media page.
- Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can get more involved.
Let’s take care of our mother earth! We can make a difference when we work together as a community and partner with other people who share our passion to protect the world we are leaving for the next generation.
Heather Matteson and Kristin Zaitz, Cofounders of Mothers for Nuclear, are members of the Nuclear Matters Advocacy Council.